跳至

首頁

尾頁

男爵府

積分: 7158

1#
發表於 07-1-3 03:30 |只看該作者

washer's machine oil leaking

does any one experience the washer's machine oil leaking?

just found out some machine oil under our washer. suspect that might be a leakage - but how to check it out? any handy man that could refer to help on this?

the warranty of our washer past due already... and we bought the washer from SEARS...

大宅

積分: 3712

好媽媽勳章

2#
發表於 07-1-3 03:36 |只看該作者

Re: washer's machine oil leaking

check with sears customer service first to see what they advise.

our company is using CAMCO for all mechnical appliances repairing for customer, but they are quite expensive, a single visit about $100+ plus taxes, excluding the ordering of parts and labour charges

伯爵府

積分: 15064

畀面勳章 15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章

3#
發表於 07-1-3 04:20 |只看該作者

Hey doggie - I tried that before, my was from Eatons, even long w/out warranty. Is the oil yellow in colour? We have that part changed, it was 3 yrs ago, the repair cost including the part is around $300. He asked me to put a newspaper under the machine to check if it's a serious leak of a mild one. Hope this gives you some idea.

男爵府

4#
發表於 07-1-3 05:15 |只看該作者

Calgary

so you ask the eaton's repair man to come over to check and fix it? but the washer is only about $450. and fix it need $300... wonder if it worth while to fix it or pay $150 more to get a new one...

what if it is a mild leakage, then how to fix it without changing the parts??? can any handy man come to fix it???

伯爵府

積分: 15064

畀面勳章 15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章 親子王國15週年勳章

5#
發表於 07-1-3 05:31 |只看該作者

doggie - No, I did not call Eatons, just someone introduce a handy man to me that fix washer & dryer. When he came, he immediately know the problem & after fixing it, he said it can still be working for 10 more years, we bought it 2nd hand @350 with both washer & dryer, so at that time, we think okay to fix at that price. Yes, we did think about worth or not to buy a new one, so better quote before making decision. Acutally mine has been leaking for a while, i think a couple of months, so it turns from mild to serious, I think. But the repair guy did ask me if my clothes had been stained while washing, that will be serious, but that didn't happen to me.

男爵府

6#
發表於 07-1-3 05:44 |只看該作者

so it the cloth got stained.. it is due to the leaking? we did have stained and thought that's due to the softener... then once we avoid using the liquid softener but the paper one (when doing the drying). the stained problem goes away...

anyway, my husband called the handy man - who do the installation of the dryer for us. and just wait to see what he said....

大宅

積分: 2823

7#
發表於 07-1-4 01:00 |只看該作者

doggie,

did the handyman go and check the washer? My hubby said most likely is the bearing broken. The part may cost $100 plus labour cost.

Is the washer come with the builder package? Or you bought it yourself?

男爵府

8#
發表於 07-1-4 05:44 |只看該作者

thanks for all the input - we did asked the handy man to come over to check. ( :lol: Paying $20)
he said the whole gear case (transmission) need to be replaced and he will charged us $200+tax for the parts and labour and provide 1 year warranty

we bought the washer from sears. so called up sears, the parts are under warranty (10 years), but the operation could not quote us the estimation of the labour costs.

we did turn around and ask the handy man how long will it take to change the gearcase - answer is roughly 2 hours.

so now we just place a call to Sears and ask the technican to come to have it fixed - so we still have another 7 years warranty covered. but of course the labour rate by sears is morexpensive..$80/hour

we might end up paying similar $$ but got full coverage by sears...

will see how it go on next Monday.

大宅

積分: 1136

9#
發表於 07-1-5 13:32 |只看該作者

doggie,
I suggest you to check with SEARS if they can check and fix it in one time.
My washing machine has problem and I asked the Chinese guy to come, pay total $150 as it is the water pump leak. He roughly takes an hour.

From my experience, I like to hire Chinese guy to do those thing as they will not charge tax but no receipt in return. Regarding the coverage, I dont really care as I believe new spare part should not have problem, otherwise, we can call him to come again.

首頁

尾頁

跳至