查看: 33765 | 回覆: 699
[澳洲] Sydney BK Mums, 入嚟傾吓計吖....

大宅

國民生產總值:2677

發表於 07-4-18 21:30 |顯示全部帖子

Hello Sydney BK Mums........

Hi, Tina,

Welcome to this topic 呀.

As I said before, I could just cut and paste some of the stuff you wrote and would be exactly my thoughts...especially when you talk about your daughter and husband.........

實在太巧合啦. 你原來嚟過這學校! 係呀,many parent from HK whom if they go to visit the school would find and be surprised by the many Chinese students there. Actually me too. But so far so good, the teachers who taught my son & daughters are wonderful. My son was fortunate enough to have a great teacher in his first year here. It makes a lot of differences. He seems adapted faster than i had expected. At 年尾,仔仔在學校竟幸領獎,老師實在功不可沒!. Their friends are the second generations and they are decent and polite. 當然有一些頑皮的,但不是太難處理就好了。大部分學生媽咪都非常緊張小朋友學業,補習在這區也變得很popular. 我想我可能是非常小數的一群沒有並一定不會把小朋友放到補習。其實學校並不鼓勵呀!喺呢,你仔仔和囡囡在校怎樣?習慣了嗎?I found your school on the web and they looks so impressive!我想你的小朋友一定很開心呢?

[ 本文章最後由 ngmammy 於 07-7-3 18:31 編輯 ]

大宅

發表於 07-4-18 22:04 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Sydney BK Mums, 入嚟傾吓計吖....

My husband and I chose the North Shore to settle down as this area is safe and nice. We live in North Sydney and one of the advantages is I don't have to drive as the trains and buses are very convenient and accessible. What about you? Do you drive? My husband drives to work and I drive on weekend occasionally.

Yes, we always go the parks on weekends but would like to go to the beaches more often. Any good suggestions for weekend activities?

Hi Tina,

I do drive. I mean i have a license :lol: My husband drives to work in weekdays and work as our driver on weekends! I rarely drive la. When my daughter was in pre-school last year, i would drive her to school daily but since now she is going to the same school with 哥哥, I walk them to school. 係呢,你和你husband有沒有用GPS呢. 嘩!對於我這個不懂睇地圖的人,簡直係世紀恩物!

我們會盡量安排小朋友的activities在星期六那星期天便可以到處逛了。小朋友很喜歡海灘。天氣好的話我們都會去。我們喜歡去coogee beach. 在那邊食完lunch再到沙灘玩。去過Bondi Beach, 太commercial, 不太喜歡。其他就是一齊去park踏單車,踢球已經很開心了。你同意嗎?那你呢?

民房

國民生產總值:38

發表於 07-4-19 09:13 |顯示全部帖子

Hi ngmammy

Actually, I'm not keen to drive but my husband has been putting pressure on me to improve my driving. To control the car is not a problem to me but to "get on" with the traffic is not easy to me. I'm still confused with some traffic rules e.g. "turn right at the red light permitted". It relies a lot on the driver's judgement. My husband always complains that I'm not a good driver! :-(

Also, my sense of direction is terrible and I'm not good at reading maps either. We haven't got a GPS yet and should get one soon. Did you see the program "The Last Chance Driving Learner" on TV yesterday? It's interesting!

My husband also likes to take us to the park. It's the most economical leisure activity! Our kids ride the bikes and play the balls together. They still play hide and seek. By the way, my break of my daughter's old bike from HK was not working and we already threw it away. My husband tries to save $ by looking for one on the e-bay. What do you think?

I'm glad that the kids are still so sweet and naive. They don't mature too quickly like many kids in HK. Aren't we lucky that we live in a relatively safe and clean environment? Look at the terrible shooting in Virginia Tech!

Now, I'm getting ready to take the kids to the North Sydney Oval (St Leonard Park) to play with their classmates.

Talk to you later and have a nice day!

:-P

複式洋房

國民生產總值:225

發表於 07-4-19 11:09 |顯示全部帖子

Hi all mummies...

Miss u all..... ~~~

I'm currently in Milson's point... hehehee... the floating floor was great... looks a lot better then carpet ar.... everything will be finish mid next week... wish to going back to city (my home) soon... hehehee...

The first night Jayden don't want to sleep at milsons point...maybe teething... or new place .... but getting better now...

Chat with u all later la...

Take care,

Michelle

大宅

發表於 07-4-19 15:55 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Michelle,

How are you doing? Probably not that convenient when compare to at home, right? Time flies so you will be going home with the new floor very soon! how exciting!

The smell from the new renovation floor may left a little uncomfortable for a while, careful with little Jayden ar...

U take care too...

民房

發表於 07-4-19 16:22 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Michelle & Ngmammy

Can I join? We're currently renting an apartment in North Sydney with carpet floor. My son and my hubby are having sensitive noses and I guess they are allergic to dust mites from the carpet.

Can you give my some suggestions on how to clean the carpet?

What is floating floor? Is it something like wooden floor?

Thanks for sharing.

Tina

大宅

發表於 07-4-19 16:30 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Tina,

How was the day in the park? The weather in the noon time starts getting a bit cloudy so I let my kids stays home today. Maybe raining for the next couple of days as of the weather forecast. Wouldn't mind it as the country really need more rain.

You are not wrong at all! The road here for me is a lot harder than in Hong Kong! 手+腳+眼+腦用多好多. But i guess more practice make better so add oil to both of us la!

Your hubby suggestion of buying a bike for your daughter on e-bay is not bad ar. I do it sometimes too. In fact, I went to ebay on the kids bicycle section and spotted a girl bike with training wheel in good condition. Bid price from 4 dollars. The seller also have a very positive (100%) trade history too.

Take a look.
http://search.ebay.com.au/kids-bicycle_W0QQfromZR41QQpqryZkidsQ20bicycls

I have followed the Virginia Tech incident at cnn.com. Today seeing the video....好可怕...a devil..........Felt deepest empathy for the lost one's family.... :cry:

民房

發表於 07-4-19 18:46 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Ngmammy

We spent 2 hours in the park before having lunch at Crows Nest. I enjoyed the chat with two mothers whilst the kids had a wonderful time together.

When we came home, I washed the dirty clothes and swimming costume from the kids' swimming lesson this morning. Then it's time to prepare dinner before the piano teacher came.

Now I'm in front of the computer enjoying my chat with the net-friends (I'm afraid I've got addicted to it) ha !
:lol:

Ngmammy, thanks for giving me the information of the girl bike. My husband and I had a look at the e-bay and made a bit for it. The e-shopping is so convenient, isn't it?

Cheers,
Tina

大宅

發表於 07-4-19 19:09 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Tina,

woo, sounds like a enjoyable and also busy day for you! My kids swimming lesson are on every Tuesday and piano on Saturday. It is good you could get a piano teacher to come over rather than going classes outside like me. I have been looking , have interview some but yet find a suitable one for teaching at home.

My apartment is also a carpet floor. The only one thing I could think of is to change the floor from carpet to timber to avoid the allergy. Sorry i can't help but maybe Michelle or other mummies could give you some advise later.

Wish you a success bid on the bike!!!!

民房

發表於 07-4-19 19:25 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Ngmammy

Actually, my son has his piano class in school by a local teacher. As the lessons are held in school, there're no class during school holiday. Unfortunately, the teacher didn't have a time slot for my daughter. Also, he suggested her to wait for few more months when both her fingers and English are better.

However, my daughter was very interested in piano and would like to start early. A parent recommended a Chinese teacher from HK to teach my daughter at home. Today was her 3rd lesson and so far the teacher has been very patient and creative. My daughter enjoys the lessons. I'm paying exactly the same amount of money for my son and daughter (A$30 per 30 min lesson). How much do you pay for your children's?

For the carpet floor, I don't think we can change it to timber as the landlord wouldn't bother to do so. We signed the lease agreement for 1 year to be expired in Nov this year. We'll look around to see if we can find something better with timber floor.

That's the inconvenience of renting as compared to buying. However, we want to settle longer and become more secured financially before making a big commitment to buy. What about you, Ngmammy? Are you renting or owning your apartment? Hurstville is very convenient and I like the chinese restaurents there.

Will keep you updated on our bid for the bike.
:evil:

大宅

發表於 07-4-19 20:21 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Tina,

My daughter loved piano too. Probably from she sees her brother playing all the time. She was in a group class before and now, similar to my son, is one on one. We are paying A$26 for 30 min lesson. My son passed his 2rd grade last Nov. Their teacher are not bad but since she is going to return to Hong Kong in May, if i have to change to a new teacher giving by the learning centre then i may as well searching for one that could teach at home.

Oh i am also renting an apartment right now. Have been visit house inspection from time to time but still, were just looking mostly. Besides, the property are not cheap, aren't they? We too wanted to wait for another year, if things settled comfortable well then we will then make a firmer decision on it.

Hurstville is indeed very convenient. Because of that, more and more 華人gathered. Some people like it but others would think 比較雜. 華英 and 中發 chinese restaurant is not bad ga.

民房

發表於 07-4-20 08:41 |顯示全部帖子

Good morning, ngmummy :-P

That's right, the property are not cheap at all. Unfortunately, we missed the whole decade of property bloom in Australia!

We went back to HK over 10 years ago when the cost of living in Australia was much lower. We rushed to buy a property in HK when prices were going up progressively. As you know, after the economic downturn property prices in HK was "diving" deeply and the asset value of our apartment was cut by half ! We were one of the many victims who were hit by the "roller-coaster" experience!!!! :-( Eventually, we sold our flat before we came here.

Back to Australia, we try to be more cautious. Instead of looking at the prospect of the property market, we should evaluate our financial situation. My husband and I would rather invest our money somewhere else and save more before putting a big down payment for a property here. Hopefully, after paying a big amount of down payment, the repayment value will be more or less the same as rent. However, it's time for us to do some homework and that's why we've been going to home inspections, too.

I'm taking the kids to Chatswood to pick up my medical report. Then my husband will join us for lunch. Talk to you later.

Have a nice day! :-P :evil:

大宅

發表於 07-4-21 14:53 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Tina,

剛剛才可以空閒些上黎傾計。How are you? Medical report? just a normal check up right?hope nothing major.

97年之後真係有好多人在樓宇上有很大的損失!我也是啊。仲係97年買架(因為結婚)。可幸同時間在澳洲也買了間。拉上補下才打個和。有失必有得,我相信這十年里也有得的地方,例如我們的小朋友便是最大的得了!對呀,現在健康的投資在基金股票里回報可能還好。

Kids will be going to school next week. Everything will get back to their normal routine. My sister and brother's family came to visit us from Hong Kong during the easter holiday and all the kids played like crazy for so many days. It is about time to 收拾心情啦

民房

發表於 07-4-21 21:17 |顯示全部帖子

Hi ngmammy

Yes, it's just a normal check up. Due to my family history I have to do colonoscopy test once every few years. The first one I had was 10 years ago in HK and I just did one here last week.

As we had just joined Medibank Private recently, the cost of the test wasn't covered. Luckily, it's not too expensive ($140). Afterall, it's worth as it gives me a peace of mind. Nothing is more important than our health, especially when our kids are still so small. Don't you think so? Have you been doing regular check-up?

What a coincidence! My hubby and I were also married in 1997 and we bought our property when prices were at the peak (HK$6,000+/sq ft)! We lost a lot of money but as you said we gained the valuable assets - our children!

So, have you had your 10th anniversary yet? We had ours in January but we didn't have much time to plan for a big celebration.

You must be tired after spending the holiday with your brother's and sister's families. It's good to have close relatives coming over, isn't it? My sisters and their families came during Chinese NY. It was their first time visiting Australia and we had a very good time.

Sometimes, I miss the family network, friends and yummy food in HK. But I always remind myself that nothing is more important than having a close relationship with my hubby and children.

Our kids are going back to school next Tuesday. What about yours? It's going to be a short term, isn't it?

Ngmammy, I trend to be a bit "long air". I hope you don't mind reading my lengthy message. It's nice to share with you but please don't mind not writing back to me soon if you're busy. I'll understand.

Have a happy Sunday!

Cheers,
Tina

大宅

發表於 07-4-23 14:39 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Tina,

一D都不覺你長氣喎,越長氣越好添呀! 其實很高興可以係BK 到認識到你。難得我哋都住係Sydney,好多嘢都好相似。Sydney Bk mums 又唔多,所以得閒上嚟傾吓都不知幾開心。有時我會走去同其他mel. and bris. 既媽咪傾吓計,佢哋好nice 架!其實小朋友睡覺後便是自己時間。我便會上嚟架啦,只不過妹妹寄了"Grey Anatomy" episode 1 比我,這幾日在追而既!

yes ar. Nothing important than health. I am so glad to hear your check up went well. I do my regular check up every year. 婦科都係。如果每一年都能返香港的話,都會返去睇相熟的。如不能才在這里做check up。

My children are starting their 2nd term tomorrow. So i took them out for lunch today and then buy some food ready for the school starts. Do you prepare their lunch food or they order at school? Usually my kids will order lunch at school for a few days. Afterward, they got sick of it then I will make their lunch.

你又係97年結婚架 係呀,今年五月就係我哋十週年結婚紀念啦。時間過得真係快呀。十年並不短,我們都會更加珍惜,希望大家可从挽手過第2,3..4..5..6......個十年。 你剛來了2個月便anniversary,一定好忙不停啦 never mind 啦,同老公講,有心唔怕遲,十月都係慶祝時!

要prepare dinner la. 遲些再傾

複式洋房

發表於 07-4-25 15:51 |顯示全部帖子

Hi all,

Sorry ar, long time no chat with all mummies la.... finally I'm back to city .... all the floor done..... look so diff... hehehe.. busy unpack now...

Jayden bb is sick... he's got fever... :-( :-( (after my in-law bath him... )
That's why I want to come back to our place ASAP.... :evil:

Take care,

Michelle

複式洋房

發表於 07-4-25 15:53 |顯示全部帖子

Please see this ar, I went b4, very good price... hehehe...

Perfume, Make Up and Toiletries Warehouse Sale

Hurry to this warehouse sale on this Saturday. This is a one-off opportunity to purchase luxury fragrances and cosmetics at major savings. Brands on sale include Boucheron, Oscar de la Renta, Roger and Gallet and Yves Saint Laurent. The public sale is for 1 day only (actually it is on for only 3 hours) so make sure you pencil this one in.

Quantity limits apply â?“ Personal shoppers only

WHEN: Saturday 28th April, 2007.
WHERE: Unit 4B1 Parklands Estate, 21 - 23 South Street, Rydalmere.
TIMES: 9am - 12pm
PAYMENT: EFTPOS, VISA, MASTERCARD ONLY

大宅

發表於 07-4-25 16:22 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, Michelle,

Glad to see you back to BK again ar! Finally gone back to home sweet home! Good for you! It is no good to hear Jayden has got fever. Nevermind, he is now feel comfy at home. The weather is getting a bit chill these days. Take care!

大宅

發表於 07-4-28 10:29 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, Tina,

好耐不見你上嚟, 係唔係小朋友開學好忙呢?

民房

發表於 07-4-28 22:12 |顯示全部帖子

Hi ngmammy

Sorry for my late reply.

I've been unpacking and sorting out the winter clothes we brought from HK last Nov. It's quite a big job that should have been done earlier. I didn't realise that the temperature would drop that much within just a few days!

After the big job I felt tired and caught a cold with infected throat. I'm feeling better now after taking some medicines.

How are you and your children? Are they okay? My son has picked up some allergies with runny nose and my daughter has a dry cough. However, they're still as active as usual !

I'm taking the kids to the Chinese school in Chatswood tomorrow for the first lesson. I hope they will enjoy it and will keep you posted.

Have a nice and relaxing Sunday.

Tina

12345678910... 35
跳至
  • 搜 尋
  • APP
  • 網 站
© Baby-Kingdom.com Limited. All rights reserved.