烹飪搵食

跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 1880

1#
發表於 07-5-2 16:06 |只看該作者

Where can I get "buttermilk"? Is it equal to drinking yogurt?

Is it drinking yogurt?

Please help!

男爵府

積分: 9527

2#
發表於 07-5-2 16:41 |只看該作者

Re: What is "buttermilk"?

Originally, buttermilk was the liquid that remained after making butter from cream, hence its name. It is now made from skim (reduced-fat) milk and cultures. It has a slightly acidic taste and a thick consistency. Buttermilk not only adds flavour to cooking, its acid content also reacts with raising agents, giving some baked and flour products a lighter texture.

大宅

積分: 1880

3#
發表於 07-5-2 16:49 |只看該作者

Devlin媽媽 寫道:
Originally, buttermilk was the liquid that remained after making butter from cream, hence its name. It is now made from skim (reduced-fat) milk and cultures. It has a slightly acidic taste and a thick consistency. Buttermilk not only adds flavour to cooking, its acid content also reacts with raising agents, giving some baked and flour products a lighter texture.

Thanks for your reply.

I need buttermilk to bake cake but I can't find it out from the suppermarket. There is no product named "buttermilk". Can you suggest me the name used in supermarket for buttermilk or the brand name.

Thanks,

Saladmi

男爵府

積分: 9527

4#
發表於 07-5-2 17:33 |只看該作者

Sorry I can't help as I live in Australia. Have you tried the higher end supermarkets like Great, CitySuper and Oliver's etc?

超級版主

積分: 54804

2024年龍年勳章 2024勳章 2023年兔年勳章 2018父親節勳章 2018母親節勳章 熱血金章 精緻種植勳章 好媽媽勳章 超級版主 2011至尊種植勳章 環保接龍勳章 大廚勳章 BK猜猜猜慶中秋 hashtag影視迷勳章

5#
發表於 07-5-2 18:35 |只看該作者

In baking, regular milk can be substituted for buttermilk by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar or 1 3/4 teaspoons cream of tartar per cup of regular milk. Allow the soured milk to stand for ten minutes before adding to recipes. This method can be used with soy milk or rice milk for vegan/vegetarian consumption.

唔知自己整又得唔得?
盡我一己之力,發放正能量!

首頁

尾頁

跳至